FAA Aviation Medical Examinations
Please note we do not offer BasicMed examinations, please contact your primary care physician for any BasicMed questions. We will continue to provide examinations for all FAA medical classes.
We are not currently accepting new HIMS cases. Senior AME Dr. Michael Stretanski will performing aviation medical examinations at the office located at John Glenn International Airport in the LANE Aviation FBO Suite #227.
Three Office Locations:
OhioAME continues to be located on the field at the Lorain County Airport (KLPR), on the field at Ashland County airport (3G4), and in Stow one mile west of the Kent State University airport.
Ashland County Airport (3G4), 700 Township Rd 1102, Ashland Ohio 44805
Lorain County Airport (KLPR) 44050 Russia Rd,. Elyria, Ohio 44035
Kent Office, 3435 Kent Rd., Stow. Ohio 44224
If you have difficulty finding a time that works for at the Ashland, Kent or Lorain offices please call 419.908.5389
Our goal is to support the aviation medical needs of professional pilots in a relaxed office setting and make the medical certification process as efficient as possible. We work with the FAA Great Lakes Regional Flight Surgeons Office and the FAA Aviation Medical Certification Division when necessary as an advocate for flight safety to reduce delays involving complex aeromedical issues, provided those issues do not impact aviation safety concerns. While our special interest is providing convenient appointment scheduling to and advising professional pilots regarding aviation related healthcare issues we provide the same service to general aviation pilot as well.
Meet the Staff
Ray Steinhauser MD
- Full Time Senior AME
- Provides first class medicals
- Contracted with the FAA to perform ATC medical certification
- CFI and aircraft owner
- Former USAF Flight Surgeon
- Personally performs all aspects of your exam including blood pressure, color vision screening, visual acuity, and audiometric testing when required
- Farnsworth Lantern testing and Dvorine Pseudoisochromatic Color Plate testing available on site, which are FAA color vision tests found in very few AME offices but provide the highest likelihood of success pilots that have difficulty with the standard Ishihara Plates most AMEs use for color vision screening
- Member of the Civil Aviation Medical Association, AOPA, and previous contributor to the Journal of Aviation Space and Environmental Medicine
Susan Steinhauser RN
- Private Pilot
- Aircraft Owner
- Initial point of contact when scheduling your exam and deals only with pilot medical issues.
- Familiar with FAA medical certification requirements
- Evening and weekend appointments available
- Online appointment scheduling