FAA Aviation Medical Examinations
Third Class Medical Certificate Holders: Dr. Steinhauser is no longer performing third class medicals please contact the AME's listed below for third class medicals. Dr. Stretanski is also performing BasicMed Exams.
Dr. Steinhauser has limited availability. Please check our online scheduling for his office hours and times.
The following AME's have been extremely helpful and will continue to be available. Please contact; Dr. Anne Carrol 216.831.3494, Dr. Michael Stretanski 614.975.1003 or Dr. Todd Zeiger Todd.Zeiger@UHhospitals.org
FAA COVID19 VACCINE NO FLY POLICY - 48 HOURS
TWO Office Locations:
OhioAME continues to be located on the field at the Lorain County Airport (KLPR), and on the field at Ashland County airport (3G4).
Ashland County Airport (3G4), 700 Township Rd 1102, Ashland Ohio 44805
Lorain County Airport (KLPR) 44050 Russia Rd,. Elyria, Ohio 44035
Meet the Staff
Ray Steinhauser MD
- Full Time Senior AME
- Provides first class medicals
- Contracted with the FAA to perform ATC medical certification
- CFI and aircraft owner
- Former USAF Flight Surgeon
- Personally performs all aspects of your exam including blood pressure, color vision screening, visual acuity, and audiometric testing when required
- Farnsworth Lantern testing and Dvorine Pseudoisochromatic Color Plate testing available on site, which are FAA color vision tests found in very few AME offices but provide the highest likelihood of success pilots that have difficulty with the standard Ishihara Plates most AMEs use for color vision screening
- Member of the Civil Aviation Medical Association, AOPA, and previous contributor to the Journal of Aviation Space and Environmental Medicine
Susan Steinhauser RN
- Private Pilot
- Aircraft Owner
- Initial point of contact when scheduling your exam and deals only with pilot medical issues.
- Familiar with FAA medical certification requirements
- Evening and weekend appointments available
- Online appointment scheduling